• Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists, gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
• Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
• Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts and subassemblies.
• Verifies specifications by measuring completed components.
• Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications, notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
• Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies.
• Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Documents actions by completing production, quality forms and logging labor hours.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.