System) background. Must have a stablished history of developing, implementing and maintaining written procedures along with planning, directing, and coordinating the quality of our product.
This position will oversee the work of 15-20 quality team members and must create written processes, procedures and direct the day to day work for the department. The Quality Manager has the duty of selecting and assigning quality control duties to the staff and must evaluate the performance of these employees in their assigned roles. After pinpointing staff development needs, the manager arranges training as related to improving quality control measures and ensures that requirements are met. Duties of the quality manager include maintaining records and reports and issuing correspondence, reviewing errors and their causes and giving advice to correct such errors. In some instances, the manager is a liaison between staff and upper management to negotiate problems arising with staff.
• Ensure that the organization’s QMS conforms to customer and regulatory/legal requirements.
• Ensure evaluation of, and reporting on, vendor quality systems.
• Oversee inspection (examination) of incoming materials, ensuring that they meet requirements.
• Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the organization’s products.
• Work with customers, employees, contractors, and outsourcing firms to develop product requirements.
• Report to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions), including the need for improvement.
• Conduct periodic management review meetings.
• Oversee product recalls.
• Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection/calibration of monitoring and measuring devices.
• Keep up on standards, regulations/laws, issues, and news with respect to product (service) quality.
• Developing, implementing and maintaining quality policies and procedures.
• Interpret and implement quality standards.
• Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems.
• Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality.
• Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities.
• Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues.
• Collect and compile statistical quality data.
• Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system.
• Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions.
• Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities.
• Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards.
• Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers.
• Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions.
• Monitor risk management activities.
• Responsible for document management systems.
• Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements.
• Provide guidance and expert advice to management on quality related topics.
• Self-Starter, enthusiastic motivated leader to provide training and direction to bring out top performance in the quality team.
• At least 10 years of relevant work experience.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience.
• Experience with implementation of corrective action programs.
• Product or industry-specific experience in RV manufacturing a plus.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases.
• Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA/QC.
• Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements.
• Advance computer skills with MS office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Excellent Communication skills – oral and written.
• Problem analysis and problem-solving.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation.
• Positive “can do” attitude.
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Sick Leave, Paid Vacation and 401(k) offered.
• Opportunity for advancement